Rocky Dog Trail Run
DASH WITH YOUR DOG
Team up with your 4-legged best friend for this 5K fun run/walk on and around Vail Mountain. With a start and finish at Nature Valley Mountain Plaza, this event will attract dogs and people of all shapes, sizes, and athletic abilities.
THURSDAY, JUNE 9
IMPORTANT: Registration for this event closes Wednesday, June 8 at 6:00 PM.
Want to be in the know? Join our email list to get the latest Mountain Games news right at your fingertips.
THURSDAY, JUNE 9
Open – Men /Women
FORMAT & RULES:
- Racers will be sent out in one mass wave. Start positions within the wave will not be pre-determined and it is up to the athlete to get into desired start location.
- All dogs must be on a leash at all times throughout the race
- Participants are limited to one pooch per human
- Athletes will race on the marked 5K course. Along the course, athletes will have to run on all types of terrain ranging from forest service access dirt roads to single track.
- Athletes must follow all course markings and know/understand the course map. All course markings for this event will be black signs with RED arrows.
- The course map will be available 1 week prior to the race.
- Athletes who deviate from the official course will be disqualified.
- Please see course map for aid station locations, where water and sports drink will be provided for humans, and water will be available for dogs.
- Owners must scoop their dog’s poop! Bags will be provided on site, so please start the race prepared.
- No tripping, shoving or horseplay will be tolerated and any athlete participating in foul play will be pulled from the course and disqualified.
- Competitors who start significantly after the posted start time will be clocked from the first wave start time. No exceptions will be made.
The race start and finish is in Nature Valley Mountain Plaza in Vail Village.
Price & Prizes
REGISTRATION PRICING // February 25 – April 15, 2022
EARLY BIRD PRICING // April 16 – May 31, 2022
EVENT PRICING // June 1 – June 8, 2022
Prizes to be determined.