X-STREAM WHITEWATER CARNAGE
Fun for rafters and spectators, the Pacifico Raft Cross combines the speed of down river sprints with the water slaughter of 8-Ball.
Two person teams will have a chance to showcase their speed, agility, and aggression in a timed qualifying run through the heart of Vail Village on Gore Creek.
FRIDAY, JUNE 10
IMPORTANT: Registration for this event will close June 9th at 6PM. Due to the popularity of this event, both team members must be registered by June 1 or your spot may be released
Want to be in the know? Join our email list to get the latest Mountain Games news right at your fingertips.
FRIDAY, June 10
Open (Teams of 2)
Raft specifications- Hyside 10.5 Mini-Max rafts will be provided for competitors of the Pacifico Raft Cross
Mandatory Equipment includes:
Coast Guard /ISO approved PFD
- Protective footwear
- Recommended Equipment Includes:
- Dry-suit or wetsuit
- Organizers encourage athletes to bring their own paddles, but paddles will be available if needed.
- Athletes must wear competitor bibs outside their PFDs at all times.
- Event organizers and whitewater rescue teams are not responsible for equipment rescue and/or equipment removal from the GoPro Mountain Games whitewater courses should athletes lose their equipment during practice or competition.
FORMAT & RULES:
- Athletes must arrive at Whitewater HQ on the promenade 45 minutes before race start to check in, attend mandatory safety meeting and pick up competition bib.
- Athletes will be placed in ‘race pods’ or heats of no more than three boats. Final number of heats/pods will be determined the day of the race in accordance with total number of athletes registered for the race.
- The race begins with competitors starting in a ‘land start’ format at the Covered Bridge.
- The horn will sound and rafters will sprint 200 meters to the finish line at the International Bridge.
- Final race rules and format will be available during the Safety Meeting.
- Rafters will have to navigate around no less than two (2) upstream or downstream gates
- Both team members must be in the boat and get around the gate
- Any intentional contact with the gate will result in a penalty or disqualification
- Teams that miss a gate will be penalized
- A raft’s finish will be official when their entire raft crosses the finish line
- Both hands must remain on the athletes’ paddle at all times.
- Competitors may NOT throw their paddle to finish the race
- No intentional grabbing, shoving, hitting or horseplay will be allowed. Unsportsmanlike conduct may result in disqualification
- Ramming another team’s raft is allowed.
- Top finishers will advance to the next round. Number of racers advancing in each round will be determined on race day. Rounds will continue until a winner is determined.
Race start is located riverside below the covered bridge and the finish location will be announced day-of depending on water levels.
Price & Prizes
REGISTRATION PRICING // February 25 – April 15, 2022
EARLY BIRD PRICING // April 16 – May 31, 2022
EVENT PRICING // June 1 – June 9, 2022
*The first person that registers will serve as the captain and pay the full entry fee.
Total Prize Purse: $1,500
1st Team – $750 ($375 per person)
2nd Team – $500 ($250 per person)
3rd Team – $250 ($125 per person)
Prizes are to be determined.