JOIN US THIS SUMMER
WE WELCOME YOU TO JOIN US AT THE 2021 EVENT AS A SPECTATOR, ATHLETE, MEDIA MEMBER, OR SPONSOR!
The nonprofit Vail Valley Foundation, which hosts the event each year, is anticipating that restrictions may lighten significantly ahead of our event. This may allow for larger-capacity crowds at events and concerts. As always, the Town of Vail and the surrounding communities are open for business, including restaurants, lodging, and a multitude of activities.
Yes! That’s right, we are officially able to welcome spectators to the 2021 GoPro Mountain Games.
What will be different?
The 2021 GoPro Mountain Games will not be exactly the same as years past. Differences include:
- L.L.Bean Gear Town will feature fewer tents and sponsor activations than years past.
- Spectators may be limited in capacity within venue footprints and may be required to wear face coverings when within venue footprint boundaries.
- Athletes may be asked to wear face coverings when not actively competing.
- No climbing events will take place this year.
- No Steep Creek Championship event will take place this year – instead, the Pacifico Gore IV Kayak Challenge will send racers down a lively stretch of Gore Creek in Vail.
- No slackline competitions will take place this year.
- No Outdoor Reels film series.
- No Kids’ Climbing Wall or SUP Demo Pool
What will be the same?
Athletes, art, music and mountains. That’s the mantra of the GoPro Mountain Games and it’s true again in 2021.
In the daytime, expect live music and art in the streets, a celebratory atmosphere, thousands of mountain athletes competing for glory, a whole lot of happy diving dogs, and more during the day.
In the evening, athletes will have the first crack at tickets to three nights of live concerts at the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater. Details to come.