Nature Valley Mountain Mud Run
A LITTLE DIRT NEVER HURT!
A fan-favorite of the GoPro Mountain Games, the Nature Valley Mountain Mud Run is for the good, the bad and the muddy. Perfect for the entire family, a group of friends or even a team outing, the Mountain Mud Run is a fun event where everyone’s a winner — remember, the muddier the better! Experience the magic of this Mountain Mud Run, where no one comes out clean.
SATURDAY, JUNE 10
2:30 PM – Kids & Family – Wave 1
4:00 PM – All Mountain Madness – Wave 2
IMPORTANT: Registration for this event closes Friday, June 9th at 6:00 PM.
Want to be in the know? Join our email list to get the latest Mountain Games news right at your fingertips.
SATURDAY, JUNE 10
Kids & Family – Wave 1
Enjoy a unique adventure with your family in this division. Move slow, get muddy and, most importantly, have fun! This wave features a short lap style with two mud pits and enough obstacles to keep things interesting. The more the merrier — and muddier!
All Mountain Madness – Wave 2
Put out the call — it’s time to get dirty! Grab a friend (or 10) and take part in this short lap style mud run with two mud pits and multiple obstacles. Extra fun points go to those in costume, and the photo opportunities are endless!
Saturday, JUNE 10
Kids & Family – 2:30 PM
All Mountain Madness – 4:00 PM
Kids & Family Wave (1-2 laps, athlete’s choice on how many laps)
All Mountain Madness Wave (2-3 laps, athlete’s choice on how many laps)
FORMAT & RULES:
- All racers will start and finish in Nature Valley Mountain Plaza in Vail Village.
- Total length of one lap of the Nature Valley Mountain Mud Run course is roughly .7 miles.
- Athletes will follow course markings and stay on the course at all times.
- Athletes should be prepared to run on all types of terrain ranging from asphalt, to forest service access dirt roads, to single track and encounter a variety of features.
- No tripping, shoving or horseplay will be tolerated and any athlete participating in foul play will be pulled from the course and disqualified.
- No dogs will be allowed to participate in the Nature Valley Mountain Mud Run.
- Racers will be sent out in groups of 50 athletes every 5 minutes.
- Start groups will be formed onsite as athletes arrive to the start line.
- Athletes should not exceed 3 laps.
- Recommended ages
- Kids & Family Wave – recommended for kids 6-12, but if your teens will be seen with you, they’re in!
- All Mountain Madness – recommended for kids 13+
- All athletes should wear shoes that tie. Other styles get left in the mud.
- Sunglasses are not recommended. The Slip-N-Slide claim a few pair every year.
- The Nature Valley Mountain Mud Run rinse zone will be available immediately following the race. Remember to use this station to rinse off quickly as there are many racers in this year’s race.
- Towels will NOT be provided so athletes should come prepared.
Price & Prizes
EARLY BIRD PRICING // February 1 – April 5, 2023
Individual – $40 (Comes with an Athlete Bag)
Kids 12 & Under – $25 (No Athlete Bag)
REGISTRATION PRICING // April 6 – May 31, 2023
Individual – $45 (Comes with an Athlete Bag)
Kids 12 & Under – $30 (No Athlete Bag)
EVENT PRICING // June 1 – June 10, 2023
Individual – $55 (Comes with an Athlete Bag)
Kids 12 & Under – $40 (No Athlete Bag)
*Kids 12 and Under can sign up as an Individual if they would like to receive an Athlete Bag.