Citizen Climbing Competition
ROCK JOCKS UNITE!
Feeling inspired after watching the pros conquer our crag? It’s time to chalk up and show how weekend warriors own the wall.
Bouldering is the simplest style of climbing. Without the encumbrance of a rope, the climber is free to practice the sport at its highest level. The object is to complete boulder problems, which requires a serious blend of gymnastic ability and grip strength.
SUNDAY, JUNE 12
IMPORTANT: Registration for this event closes Saturday, June 11 at 6:00pm.
Want to be in the know? Join our email list to get the latest Mountain Games news right at your fingertips.
Sunday, june 12
Wave 1 – 11:30am
Wave 2 – 2:30pm
Athletes must check in at the Climbing Wall in Mountain Plaza no less than 20 minutes before the start of their competition.
*All athletes that register in the Citizen division in the categories below must be 16 years of age by December 31, 2022.
- Recreational (V0-V1)
- Intermediate (V2-V3)
- Advanced (V4-V6)
- Open (V7+)
- Masters (45+)
- Paraclimbing (Wave 2)
- Climbing competition will be a Classic Redpoint Format
- A variety of climbing routes will be set. Each route will have different level of difficulty and points will be set based on the level of difficulty.
- All the boulder problems are available to all of the climbers at once, and the competitors may attempt the climbs as many times as they wish during the 2.5 hour time frame.
- Climbers may discuss beta in between attempts. No beta can be given to climbers when they are on the wall. Climbers may also watch the other competitors’ attempts to learn about the climbs.
- Each route will have a point value which is the score climbers will receive if they complete it.
- Points are gained only if the route is completed
- At the end of the competition, only the top 5 scores on the athlete’s scorecard will be counted.
- All attempts will be recorded and may be used to break ties.
Price & Prizes
REGISTRATION LAUNCH // February 25 – April 15, 2022
EARLY BIRD // April 16 – May 31, 2022
EVENT PRICING // June 1 – June 11, 2022
Prizes to be determined.