Vail Valley Foundation
PO Box 6550
90 Benchmark Rd., Ste. 300
Avon, CO 81620
For sponsorship and booth inquiries, please email Dave Dressman at firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 athlete registration is OPEN. Register TODAY! Registration is available online and on-site 24 hours before each event.
Physical registration is located in the Golden Peak Base Lodge near Larkspur Restaurant.
Note that online registration closes approximately 24 hours before each event unless otherwise stated on the individual event information page.
Remember that the early bird gets the worm – register early to ensure the best prices and avoid on-site hassles.
Athlete registration packets and swag bags can be picked up at Main Registration located at Golden Peak Base Lodge near Larkspur Restaurant. More information regarding hours of operation and athlete gift pick-up coming soon.
IMPORTANT: Make sure to bring a valid form of ID (Drivers License, Passport, etc.) when you check-in at Athlete Registration. You will not be able to pick up your event bib(s) or athlete gift without it!
REGISTRATION CHECK-IN & ATHLETE GIFT PICK UP HOURS:
TUESDAY, JUNE 7
12:00 – 6:00 PM
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8
12:00 – 6:00 PM
THURSDAY, JUNE 9
7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
FRIDAY, JUNE 10
7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
SATURDAY, JUNE 11
7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
SUNDAY, JUNE 12
7:00 AM – 2:00 PM
The 2022 GoPro Mountain Games will not be exactly the same as years past. Differences include:
- Six Days of Celebrating Mountain Lifestyle and Culture: For the first time ever, the GoPro Mountain Games will take place over six days rather than four.
- NEW GoPro Dual Slalom Bike Competition: The highly-spectator-friendly GoPro Dual Slalom bike competition will take place at the Minturn Bike Park June 7-8. The action-packed new event will help kick off the GoPro Mountain Games.
- TINCUP Steep Creek Championship on Wednesday, June 8: The steep and sweet whitewater competition known as the TINCUP Steep Creek Championship has long been known as the elite-level kayaking to the GoPro Mountain Games. The event will be held one day earlier than usual, on Wednesday, June 8, at its usual venue at Homestake Creek near Red Cliff, Colorado.
- Check Out The Hangout: The GoPro Mountain Games provides lots to take in. Be sure to swing by The Hangout in Golden Peak, an area with shade, food and beverage, activations for kids, live music from Jam in the Van, a station to make special 20th Anniversary T-shirts and much, much more.
- The Return of Climbing: Making its return to the GoPro Mountain Games for the first time since 2019, the very popular CELSIUS Citizen Climbing as well as a North American Cup Series climbing event return. The climbing wall will return to Mountain Plaza with events June 9-12.
- Adidas Terrex 20K Anniversary Run Celebrates 20 Years: The adidas Terrex 10K Spring Runoff, the adidas Terrex Apres 5K Trail Run and the Rocky Dog Trail Run have long been staples of the GoPro Mountain Games trail running events. This year, a new event will be added to the lineup to celebrate 20 years of the GoPro Mountain Games: the adidas Terrex 20K Anniversary Run.
- Nature Valley Mountain Mud Run Returns: A popular event at the GoPro Mountain Games, the Nature Valley Mud Run returns in 2022.
- More for Teens: With over 30 competitions, the GoPro Mountain Games is adding more divisions dedicated specifically to teenagers to allow for closer competition by age.
- Check Out Jam In The Van: The solar powered mobile recording studio and YouTube Channel that’s changing the way the world discovers new music, Jam in the Van will be on-site at The Hangout in Golden Peak filming musicians and bands performing live.
What will be the same?
Athletes, art, music and mountains. That’s the mantra of the GoPro Mountain Games and it’s true again in 2022.
In the daytime, expect live music and art in the streets, a celebratory atmosphere, thousands of mountain athletes competing for glory, a whole lot of happy diving dogs, and more during the day.
In the evening, athletes will have the first crack at tickets to three nights of live concerts at the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater. Details to come.
No dice. The Mountain Games has a strict no refunds, exchanges, or transfers policy that every participant acknowledges and agrees to at the time of registration.
IMPORTANT: Cancelling your event registration forfeits your athlete gift. Athlete gifts may not be transferred to another individual or registrant upon cancellation.
Please consult our Terms & Conditions each participant signs/e-signs prior to registration completion for more information.
For all open competitions, amateurs and professionals are all welcome. We even allow dogs to compete in some events (not all of them, that would be a terrible idea). Invitational events are closed from public participation. If you’re questioning your ability to compete consult your doctor, or mom – one of them usually knows best…
Near, far, wherever you are, we still want to provide our Mountain Games fans a way to watch and engage with us this summer. On-site spectating is free. Check out Outside TV for additional coverage!
The GoPro Mountain Games footprint spans from Golden Peak to Vail Village to Lionshead Village — a walkable distance. Free Town of Vail buses are also an option, but please note that dogs are not allowed on TOV buses during the Mountain Games.
While attendees and competitors can walk around the GoPro Mountain Games with their dogs on leashes, dogs are not allowed on the free Town of Vail buses during the Mountain Games.